I am Gemma, a very passionate photographer and people lover. The excitement and adrenalin a couple feels on their wedding day is also experienced by me – I am personally invested in every wedding I photograph. I specialise in Relaxed Weddings, Portraits and Travel Photography.
I am a storyteller and love to get to know my clients as much as possible before the day so I can provide unique and memorable images. I love creating books (albums) of your photos and I use the amazing Queensberry. I work collaboratively with my clients on the design and then Queensberry wave their magic wand and make it look amazing so it will last forever! No joke, they say these albums last more than a lifetime!
I am based in Sydney but available for weddings throughout Australia and the World. Locally I have photographed weddings and elopements in Sydney, South Coast of NSW, Hunter Valley, Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands, Adelaide, Melbourne, Tasmania and rural and Far North Queensland.
Internationally I have photographed weddings, elopements and portraits in The Netherlands, Croatia, France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Estonia, UK, Cook Islands, Vietnam, Cayman Islands, Sweden and Finland – including Lapland! I LOVE to travel and prefer to stay with locals rather than 5-Star Hotels, so please let me know where you are celebrating and we might be able to work something out that is affordable for us both.
I am a fully accredited photographer of AIPP – The Australian Institute of Professional Photography.
Other things if you are interested – some relevant, some random.
- I love photographing relaxed and smaller weddings including elopements, cross cultural, traditional, country, urban, backyard, tea ceremonies, registry and same sex weddings.
- I love Finland. Some of my closest friends live there. I have been ice swimming twice. I am also in love with Italy and the UK countryside and many more places around the world!!
- I am the main photographer for every wedding I photograph and sometimes I have an assistant who helps me on the day. My assistants are friendly, helpful and possess a very strong client service ethic like me.
- I have won eight national and state AIPP Photographic Awards for my work on weddings, travel and lifestyle portraits.
- I worked in Media/PR/Marketing and Events for charity organisations before going full-time with Gemma Clarke Photography.
- I love Red. Red Grapes. Red Shoes. Raspberries. Red Bags. And now that I have launched my new HAPPY and RELAXED yellow branding, I am also in love yellow!
- I have had over 100 of my photographs published in national and international magazines, newspapers and on Television. Recently my Vietnam travel images were featured in a KLM inflight magazine.
- My work has been featured online at Green Wedding Shoes, Ruffled Blog, Rock N Roll Bride, Wedding PlayBook, Polka Dot Bride, Style Me Pretty Australia, Best Day Ever and Bella Amour UK.
- I love scarves, colourful wooden beads and Scandinavian design. I may get a little too excited about decorating for Christmas!
- I have met the REAL DEAL Santa in Finland and he is awesome.
- I have a Bachelor of Business with UTS majoring in Management and PR. I received a TAFE State Medal for Public Relations in 2005.
- My husband and I married on the day the doughnut was created – June 22.
- In 2017 and 2018 I won Best Photographic Business at the Local Business Awards!
- I have photographed more than 25 International weddings!
- My customer service manager is so good that my clients want to take her home. She has a grey fluffy tail. You are most welcome to meet her!
- You may have guessed, I love animals! I worked for the RSPCA for almost 5 years and it was such an amazing experience to help so many animals.
- My husband’s dimples are my greatest weakness, then comes anything berry flavoured and Vietnamese and Thai food!
- I have been photographing weddings for more than 11 years and I am just as excited now as when I first started!
- I offer one-on-one mentoring services to help you with your photography or if you are a photographer, to help you with running a small business.