I am Gemma, a very passionate photographer. The excitement and adrenalin a bride and groom feels on their wedding day is also experienced by me – I am personally invested in every wedding I photograph.
I am a storyteller and love to get to know my clients as much as possible before the day so I can provide unique and memorable images. My personalised service, attention to detail and use of the highest quality equipment and products means nothing is compromised to give you a great experience before, on and after your big day. The amazing album company I use and can’t stop boasting about is Queensberry.
I am available for weddings throughout Australia and the World. Locally I have photographed weddings in Sydney, South Coast of NSW, Hunter Valley, Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands, Adelaide, Melbourne, Tasmania and rural and Far North Queensland.
Internationally I have photographed in The Netherlands, France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Estonia, UK, Cook Islands, Vietnam, Cayman Islands, Sweden and Finland – including Lapland! I LOVE to travel and prefer to stay with locals rather than 5-Star Hotels, so please let me know where you are celebrating and we might be able to work something out that is affordable for us both.
I am a fully accredited photographer of AIPP – The Australia Institute of Professional Photography.
Other things if you are interested – some relevant, some random.
- I am the main photographer for every wedding I photograph and I usually have an assistant who helps me on the day. My assistants are very close to me and have to possess my very strong client service ethic to work with me.
- I love Finland. Some of my closest friends live there. I am also in love with Italy and the UK countryside.
- I worked in Media/PR/Marketing and Events for charity organisations before going full-time with Gemma Clarke Photography.
- I love Red. Red Grapes. Red Shoes. Raspberries. Red Bags. You name it! And now that I have launched my new HAPPY and RELAXED yellow branding, I am also in love yellow!
- I have had over 100 of my photographs published in national and international magazines, newspapers and on Television.
- My work has been featured online at Green Wedding Shoes, Ruffled Blog, Polka Dot Bride, Style Me Pretty Australia, Best Day Ever and Bella Amour UK.
- I love scarves, colourful wooden beads and Scandinavian design.
- I have a Bachelor of Business from UTS majoring in Management and PR. I received a TAFE State Medal for Public Relations in 2005.
- My husband and I married on the day the doughnut was created – June 22.
- I have photographed more than 20 International weddings!
- My customer service manager is so good that my clients want to take her home. She has a grey fluffy tail. You are most welcome to meet her!
- You may have guessed, I love animals! I worked for the RSPCA for almost 5 years and it was such an amazing experience to help so many animals.
- My husband’s dimples are my greatest weakness, then comes anything berry flavoured and Vietnamese and Thai food!
Images by our very good friend Matt Mead. Thanks Matt!